Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Tales of My Demise are Somewhat Exagerated. Unfortunately

One of the best things about blogging, I suppose, is being able to just vomit out whatever crap may be swirling about in your head.

I've ducked out of sight for a while now. I toppled off the wagon, as it were. Not doing the Plus-Size Bloggers Challenge. Not doing Weight Watchers. Not doing anything, it seems, apart from eating my way through my particular frustration and lonliness and sadness and helplessness right now. I haven't stepped on the scales in weeks. I'm terrified of what they will say. And I'm even more terrified of what my reaction will be to what I see.

My sister and I went to a new shopping center that's been built near our house. She tried on cute dresses and sweaters and had a blast. I did everything I could to avoid the reflection of myself in shop windows. I feel fat and frumpy and altogether unappealing. I know that my attitude makes me that much more unattractive. Hello, Vicious Cycle.

Part of me wishes I could run away from my life for about a year to a fat camp. But I'd want the whole world to be put on hold...to be in a deep sleep, like in Sleeping Beauty, while I put myself in the hands of a Ninja of a Personal Trainer and had someone who *made* me eat right and *made* me sleep and *made* me do the things that right now I am having to *choose* to do. And I'm not choosing them.

I feel like a slave to my own life and bad habits. And I don't know how to find freedom. Just wanting it is not enough. I need to get on the right road *out* of this place, but I just seem to keep on staying on the inner lane of the roundabout...circling the landscape of my own bad decisions over, and over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* So glad to hear from you, Angela! Due to dizziness, prednisone, and general misery I'm managed to put on 20 lbs of the 30 I'd lost. I'm trying to avoid sugar and get back on the wagon, but fuck it's hard. I'm sending good healing thoughts your way, and just know that I love you and I think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, sista! Wish you were here or I was there and we would move in together and be each other's support systems and get this done! I love you so much!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to let you know i've been missing reading your words. hugs a bunches, k

    ReplyDelete