Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What You Say....Matters

So, I've been living not-so-blissfully in the land of craptastic for the last few days. I'm having some family issues and some financial issues and some I Probably Just Need To Get Laid issues. And all of that, of course, translates into food issues. Why is it that we let things *outside* of our bodies affect what goes *into* our bodies so much? Well, I do that anyway.

So, this morning I had my regular breakfast which always works for me. And I don't get hungry until my morning snack, around 10, which is an apple, and then I'm good until lunch. But this morning I was hungrier than a homeless hounddog. So I grabbed a dollar bill from my purse, ran to the vending, and bought a BROWNIE. Oh yes, nothing like pre-packaged, God knows how old, faux brownie goodness to set things to the right. *eyepoke*

As I was opening up my brownie, I logged on so I could whine and moan *while* eating the faux brownie....and there they were....comments on my Plus Size Bloggers Challenge post....from people I've never spoken to. Strangers who came by to give encouragement and say hello. People who have no stake whatsoever in how I do or what I eat. People who read Jack Sh*t and Mrs. Fatass and RNTG and KNOW what GOOD BLOGGING looks like.

And yet, they took time for me.

I'm a little wibbly about it, to be quite honest.

So that brownie? Chucked into the trash. I polished my apple and grabbed a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss and was good to go. Still am.

Thank you. You lifted me today. And THAT is a pretty considerable feat, lemme tell ya. You might want to take a rest now.

3 comments:

  1. I need to join you on this journey...I'll check it out and get back with you.

    Love you, Angela...wish I was seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on tossing the poo-filled brownie. Seriously, I know because they came by after I shit it last week, packaged it up and put it in the vending machine. But the sticker on the package was new if that helps. And the frosting was real, 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I feel the same way, I'm amazed when I get comments. It feels less lonely as I try to lose weight. Have a great week!

    Jenni, fellow plus size blogger.

    ReplyDelete