Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Yes, I *Did* Think I Could Just Breeze Right On By the Sunday Weigh In

Bleh. I gained a pound last week, so now instead of 100 in 50, I've got to do 101 in 49. LOL. Hay...I love upping the odds for myself. Double bleh.

So, this week, I:

1. got lost in the woods
2. battled through some serious jealousy and resentment of my sister
3. got a raise at work
4. contemplated moving to West Virginia (still on the table, by the way)
5. got a rash where there should never be a rash
6. discovered my kid's brighter than I originally thought
7. confirmed my dislike of soccer because of the insurmountable 1 to Nothing Lead


All in all, a rather thrilling week.
Look, I just report the news, you know?

In reality, my heart has been heavy over the needless deaths of kids who were bullied because they were gay. It seems like everyone everywhere is waging a campaign...Wear Purple on the 20th... It's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that there are some shitty people out there who will continue to be shitty. I don't know what the answer is.

I want to raise a kid who *doesn't* hurt other people.
I want to raise a kid who doesn't call the fat girl in his class "Big Mama".
I want to raise a kid who doesn't use words that shame and marginalize others just because they are different.
I want to raise a kid who stands up for others.
I want to raise a kid who is strong in himself, so that if he is the victim of such bullying, it doesn't change what he knows about *him*.

It scares the crap out of me, you know?..this whole "Mama" thing. Losing 100 pounds is NOTHING compared to THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment