Sunday, September 26, 2010

100 In 50

I am back from my Weight Watcher's meeting and am the proud owner of One Shiny New Bookmark, which I got for coming back the second week, One 5 Pound Star (that bitch is heavy) which I got for losing my first five pounds and SIX PRIDDY PAPER CLIPS, which we collect for every pound we've lost. So yea me! I lost 6.8 pounds.

So, here's the deal Sparky, I am instituting for myself the "100 In 50 Challenge". I want to lose 100 pounds in 50 weeks. That's a safe, 2 pound per week weight loss. What is in 100 weeks, you ask? The answer is: My friend Amy's son's Bar Mitzvah in New York. There will be MANY, MANY, MANY friends there and I'm planning to stay long enough to play in the city a bit.

As I said on My Thunder Thighs, these are the things I have to look forward to if I can loose my 100 in 50:

*I will fit comfortably in the seat on the plane on the way to New York.
*I can wear some HELLA sexy shoes with whatever HELLA sexy outfit I wear.
*I will be able to dance the hora in said shoes.
*I will be able to hoof it all over Manhattan with my buddies.

So here we are at week 0:

336 pounds.
50 weeks to go.

Huh. I just put my weight out there for the entire interwebz to view. And I don't give a rat's patootey about it.

Imagine that. Funny what a decent sense of self will do for you.

5 comments:

  1. And then you and your hella sexy shoes are coming to see me.

    I'm so proud of you, and more than a little humbled - I wish I faced my own challenges with as much courage. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of a freaky wench am I that when I read your note about having 6 paper clips that I immediately thought it was some kind of kinky nipple clamp accessory. Wow.

    Congrats on the loss. I think 2 pounds/week for 1 year is CRAZY, but I gots yo back. Even 1/2 that would be caramel-covered-awesomesauce.

    AND I think you should totally count the 6.8 in your total weight loss spectrum. Jes sayin'.

    WAY TO GO WAY TO GO WAY TO GO WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhhhh....nipple clamps....

    Scuze me...I'm gonna need a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! I have plans for that trip next September as well...I just need a plan of action...but, let me find a job first as I just don't think I can concentrate on more than one stressful activity at once...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Judy, One trauma at a time..lol!

    ReplyDelete