Monday, September 20, 2010

Y'all Hang On While I Search For My Chocolate Craving

Okay, so what gives with my body right now?  It's pretty much par for the course for me to suck on the first day of "dieting" (which, let's just do away with that word, shall we?  because it's not good for you and HELLO, the first three letters spell DIE!!!).  But.  I've been a'ight.  No hunger.  Except when I got hungry. (Funny how that happens) and then I ate something and just wrote it down in my cheap little tracker thingy.  Booya!  And TRUST me when I say there's a metric Eff-ton of Crapola going on in my life right now, so why am I not in my black and white cow suit and standing out back mooing mournfully for as much grain as I can get?

And all of those silly questions lead to the biggest question of all. (Hyperbole, much?)
Why am I so determined that I'm going to screw up re-freakin-gardless? In my head there is always a contingency plan. Okay, THIS is what I'll do when I screw this up.  Or, if THIS doesn't work, then I'll try THAT.  Why can't I just tell myself that this is going to work...because I absolutely *can* do it...I am *not* a Class A Screw Up?

I don't deserve it.
I'm not smart enough.
I'm AFRAID of DOING IT RIGHT.
What if my life doesn't change if I manage to change my life?
What if losing 50 more pounds makes all the yellow butterflies die?
What if Mark stops reading Harry Potter?
What if I grow extra chin hairs?
What if the government passes a law that says I can never get a pedicure again?

My point?  One arguement is as stupid as the next.  I'm not saying *I'm* stupid, but these excuses surely are. If I let them keep me from where I want to go (in all manner of speaking) then somebody just please come and smack my butt, and not in the good way. Plzkthnx.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Angela ... I hear ya. You know I do. And I think I could have written this exact same post today, because we are so very much in the same place.

    But remember, we have to STOP. FAILING. OURSELVES. And to do that, we have to start succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post and thought about the pinka ninja from Biggest Loser (yes, I watch it, don't judge me). On day #1, she says to her mama, "What if I go in there and can't do it?" Her mom doesn't skip a beat and says, "Yes, but what if you go in there and you can?"

    One chick blog somewhere around here says something like Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your battle.

    Anything you want, you bet your chunky Southern sweet ass you can have it. Take it girl. Shine on.

    ReplyDelete